Posted by:

PAT Test Certificate

Most venues nowadays will ask you to get the band to provide a PAT test certificate. This certifies that their equipment is electrically safe and won’t start a fire or blow a circuit when plugged in. It’s usually an insurance requirement and if the band doesn’t already have one it should start alarm bells ringing in your mind because it means that they’re not experienced and therefore aren’t the professional outfit they may claim to be.

PLI (Public Liability Insurance)

Another standard requirement for most venues is an up to date Public Liability Insurance certificate. This usually provides cover for around £5m and covers claims for injury (speakers can fall over). Again if your band doesn’t have one run away.

Our PAT Test Certificate and PLI insurance can be found on our downloads page.



About the Author:

MD of The Noel Fraser Band – high quality wedding/function band.
Multi-instrumentalist Guitarist/keys/vocalist
Based in Manchester UK.
Over 30 years industry experience.

  Related Posts
  • No related posts found.